THE ATHMINDSET® WORKBOOK
According to the American College of Sports Medicine, approximately 35% of elite athletes and 30% of collegiate athletes suffer from mental health issues such as eating disorders, depression, or anxiety. However, only 10% of athletes who have a mental illness get care from a mental health professional.
This gap in mental health support for athletes led to the creation of The AthMindset® Workbook: Training Your Mind for Optimal Mental Health in Sport and in Life. Co-authored by a physician and a licensed mental health clinician/mental performance consultant, this guide equips athletes at every level with essential tools to elevate their mental well-being on and off their field of play.
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- If you are in crisis, the Lifeline provides 24/7 free, confidential support for anyone in the U.S.
- 988, a new three-digit number for mental health emergencies, is now available nationwide.
- The Lifeline also provides prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones. Visit the website to find a therapist, build a support network, or make a safety plan.
- Call 988 to speak with a counselor.
- The previous Lifeline phone number (1-800-273-8255) will always remain available to people in emotional distress or suicidal crisis.
crisis text line
- If you feel more comfortable texting, Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis.
- Text HOME to 741741 from anywhere in the U.S. to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.
- UK: Text 85258 Canada: Text 686868 Ireland: Text 50808
- You can also volunteer and train to become a Crisis Counselor. You’ll answer texts from people in crisis, helping them through active listening, collaborative problem solving, and safety planning.
the Trevor project
- The Trevor Project provides information and support to LGBTQ+ young people 24/7. 100% free and confidential.
- Text START to 678-678 from anywhere in the U.S. to text with a trained counselor.
- Call 1-866-488-7386 to hear a live voice on the line.
- You can also join TrevorSpace, an affirming online community for LGBTQ+ young people ages 13-24 years old. Meet friends, explore your identity, get advice, and find support.
national domestic violence hotline
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline provides essential tools and support to help survivors of domestic violence so they can live their lives free of abuse.
- Call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) to get 24/7 support from highly trained, expert advocates.
- Text START to 88788 from anywhere in the U.S. Free and confidential.
national eating disorder association
- NEDA’s trained helpline volunteers offer support, resources, and treatment options.
- Call (800) 931-2237 Monday - Thursday 11am - 9pm ET Friday 11am - 5pm ET
- Text (800) 931-2237 Monday - Thursday 3pm - 6pm ET Friday 1pm - 5pm ET
national sexual assault hotline
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization.
- Call 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) to get help 24/7. Free and confidential.
Veterans Crisis Line
- 24/7, confidential crisis support for Veterans and their loved ones
- The Veterans Crisis Line serves Veterans, service members, National Guard and Reserve members, and those who support them.
- 24/7 Support, Access free, confidential support 24/7, 365 days a year. Dial 988 then Press 1, chat live, or text 838255.
- Live Connection, Connect with a real person qualified to support Veterans. A caring, qualified responder will listen and help.
- Your call is free and confidential, and you decide how much information to share.
- Support doesn't end with your conversation. Our responders connect you with resources that can help when you're in distress.
- You don't have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to connect.